PARENTS CORNER - NORTH POINT
MAIL FROM PRINCIPAL / RECTOR / PREFECT
Subject : Date change notice 2020

10/03/2020

Dear Parents,

Greetings from NP!

Many of you might be wondering what the school has been doing to prevent the COVID - 19 from our school campus. The School is aware of the outbreak of the corona virus and has taken every possible step to keep the deadly virus away from us. We had consulted the doctors earlier and informed all the children to get themselves checked and they brought the medical certificates before they returned to the school after the winter - vacation, which all of you are aware of.

Based on the wise old saying that "prevention is better than cure" and after consulting our doctors and administrative officers in and around Darjeeling, we have been advised not to have large gatherings as a preventive measure. Therefore the school is postponing the meetings of Day-Scholar and Boarder Parents Orientations which were scheduled for the 14th and 27 March respectively. Along with this, the school is also cancelling the Month - end outing for the month of March, for the Boarders.

The School has decided this since there are lots of tourists coming into Darjeeling from all over. We are aware that many of you, especially the new parents, might have planned your trip to Darjeeling to meet your sons. But the present situation demands that we need to take necessary precautions and steps for the safety of your children. In addition to the above mentioned measures, the School will not be able to allow any boarder to go for Easter holidays as well. The School is trying everything possible so that your children are safe and sound in the School. Hope you all understand this extraordinary situation. I request all of you, dear parents, to kindly cooperate with us and follow the instructions.

Those of you who have applied for the NASA trip for your children, need to be ready for a change of date or cancellation of the trip. I have talked to the company and they have advised me to wait till the second week of April, before taking a final call. If the situation does not improve, the NASA trip might be postponed to the month of October 2020 or might even be cancelled.

Sursum Corda!

 

Fr. Leo Alphonse Raj (SJ)

Principal


BACK
CONTACT US